Dr Michael Vanderschelden
“Only when you are healthy, your functioning properly, and utilizing your full brain potential will you meet ALL the goals you have for your life.”
I know Dr Michael Vanderschelden from Chiropractic school. I remember talking to him about this unique eating methodology called intermittent fasting. At the time, I fully endorsed the multiple small meals a day theory, but felt like I wasn’t seeing the same results he was. He explained to me the science behind it and to be completely honest I thought it was crazy. I thought to myself, “How could starving yourself of nutrients be healthy?”
Soon enough, I started looking at the research and found that intermittent fasting did in fact show incredible results. I looked every YouTube video possible and read multiple articles from Dr Mercola and other experts. Even still, with all the facts in front of me, I still didn’t think it was doable with my lifestyle. So again, I held off.
Finally, I made the decision to try it. I watched Dr Mike’s workshop to get a jumpstart on it and make sure I was ready to go. He had also recently published his book on intermittent fasting. I decided I had to have him on the show to share all this information and on this upcoming Friday Focus, I’ll share my experience with intermittent fasting.
In this episode we discuss:
- What is intermittent fasting?
- Why diets suck
- What ‘s the science behind intermittent fasting? Get the research!
- The difference between fasting and starving and where to draw the line.
- What’s a good way to start intermittent fasting
- What changes do women need to make for fasting
- How does intermittent fasting burn massive amounts of fat
- Intermittent fasting boosts Growth Hormone a ton!
- Why working out in a fasted state burns major fat
- Intermittent fasting increases BDNF – enhances brain function
- The best way to work out with intermittent fasting.
- Is it possible to intermittent fast and do Crossfit?
- His book is essential to making intermittent fasting work well in your day to day
- What Health is Wealth means to Dr Mike
How can you support our podcast?
1. Subscribe and review our show on iTunes and Stitcher. We read through every single one!
2. Tell a friend about The Health Is Wealth Podcast. They will thank you later.
3. Share using the buttons below.